SAFEGEN YOUTH WORKPLACE SAFETY VIDEO CONTEST
Who: Youth aged 15-24
What: A video contest centred around youth taking responsibility for their own and others’ safety at work
When: Videos must be submitted by 4:00 pm, May 17, 2023
Where: Open to residents of Alberta
Why: At SafeGen we want to empower youth to not only learn detailed workplace safety procedures, but also to speak up and take control of their own safety
This is an amazing opportunity to showcase your knowledge and creativity!
- 1st Place: $1500, and a chance to visit a filming location with Lindisfarne Productions
- 2nd Place: $1500
- 3rd Place: $1500
Theme: MENTAL HEALTH IN THE WORKPLACE
Protecting your mental health and safety is just as important as your physical health and safety, and in fact, one can greatly affect the other. With that in mind, what are some mental health hazards at your job site? How does the way you feel affect the way you perform at work? And what kinds of mental health hazards are specific to certain industries like the energy or farming industries? We want you to think about one or more of these questions, and make a video that uses factual information to give tips and tools to other young workers your age.
Videos must adhere to the general theme and fall under one of the following categories:
- Being fit for work (e.g. Proper amount of sleep, no injuries that keep you from your tasks, not on medication that could make you drowsy, not sick, etc.).
- Tips and tools for positive mental health at work.
- Overtired and over scheduled.
- How does home life affect work performance?
- How work injuries affect mental health.
Be creative! You can depict the correct or incorrect way of doing things, but you must be safe when filming.
How to Enter
Create your video and upload it to your YouTube account.
Download our Contest Package (below), print forms, and fill them out completely.
Scan forms into one PDF file or image files (5 MAX).
Fill out the CONTEST ENTRY ONLINE FORM (below), attach your files, and press send!