We are excited to announce the release of our new and improved AGR 3000: Agriculture Safety course! The course is available to educators and students across Alberta, now.
The course is part of our successful JobSafe Program, which has educated over 115,000 students. It has been updated and contains the most current agriculture safety educational content available. The course will cover the same integral topics, such as fire safety, farm specific hazards, confined spaces, and emergency response planning, to name just a few. We have also added an optional musculoskeletal injury unit to the list for even more thorough farm safety experience.
AGR 3000 09.20 has been not only updated, but also streamlined for ease of use and navigation. The instructor manual is currently being updated and will be released in the late fall. It is the prerequisite course for Alberta Students wishing to participate in Green Certificate program courses.
Agricultural work in Alberta can be extremely dangerous, which is why it’s so important for us to be able to offer this course for free, to students entering the industry.
- There is a 10 question quiz at the end of each unit.
- The final exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions.
- Students can still exit and resume the course as needed.
- It is free and worth one credit towards an Alberta High school Diploma.
- The course has been re-branded in our new colours and themes.
- Content has been updated, and now includes more videos, activities, questions, and links for students!
- The course is made up of 13 units, instead of 16, with unit 13 being an optional unit on Musculoskeletal Injuries.
- Students will now complete the course in unit order from 1-13, with the option to skip unit 13 if not required or requested by the teacher. (They will no longer be able to randomly choose a unit to complete.)
- Once the course is completed, and before starting the final exam, students can choose to go back and review the whole course or individual units as needed. The Review course does not include quizzes, only the content.
- If required, students will still need to print or screenshot their quiz marks for their teachers, however, they are now prompted to do so multiple times.
- You can now see exactly what unit a student is currently on, and what units have been completed.
- There is an optional unit which covers Musculoskeletal Injuries, that you can choose to have students complete.