The JobSafe™ program is designed to:
- Educate youth about workplace health and safety issues
- Promote the development of a positive attitude toward safety
- Give our youth a solid foundation for future workplace training
Students will earn one high-school credit for each course that is successfully completed. In order to earn the credits, students must pass each course with a 50% or higher.
The JobSafe™ program is developed by professionals with first-hand knowledge in health and safety issues, principles and practices. The coursework is developed to be easily delivered in a classroom setting, each requiring approximately 25 hours of instruction. SafeGen’s (formerly Job Safety Skills Society) resources support the delivery of the following three courses:
- Workplace Safety Systems (HCS 3000)
- Workplace Safety Practices (HCS 3010)
- Agriculture Safety (AGR 3000)
Credentials and Certificates
Upon successful completion of the JobSafe™ online program(s), students who receive 70% or better will receive a wall certificate and wallet card. Students who complete the online course will receive their certificates through the Learning Management System. For in-class instruction, teachers should submit students’ grades to request the certificates and cards. To submit grades, instructors are to email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a form for certificates.
Student Registration Instructions
Course Completion Reports
Adding a Course
Still having trouble? Call us for your customized screencast: 780-413-6876.
Instructor Resource Manuals
Our Instructor Resource Manuals contain information and resources to support the delivery of the following safety courses designed and developed by Alberta Education.
Please contact us to get copies of our Instructor Manuals.
These resources are protected by copyright laws. No part of this set may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or translated into any language, natural or computer, in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of SafeGen. These resources could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information herein; these changes may be incorporated in new editions of these resources. Information in the resources is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment on the part of SafeGen. SafeGen may make improvements and/or changes in these resources or in the product(s) and/or program(s) described in this resource at any time. © Unless otherwise indicated, the content is copyright to SafeGen. SafeGen grants instructors of JobSafe in the Classroom and Beyond series permission to make an appropriate number of copies of Fact Sheets, Key Ideas, Tests and Copy Masters to meet instructional needs.
Safety for Adult Learners
- Learn Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) principles and practices
- Develop essential workplace safety skills
- Earn credits toward an Alberta High School Diploma
- Receive valuable OH&S credentials for your resume
- Hire individuals with increased understanding of workplace safety procedures
- Develop safe habits in the workplace
- Prevent painful and costly workplace injuries