2019 Youth Workplace Safety Video Contest
Who: Youth aged 15-24
What: A video contest centered around youth taking responsibility for their own and others’ safety at work
Prizes sponsored by: Edmonton Lion’s Club – Millwoods
When: Deadline to enter is March 6, 2020
Where: Open to residents of Alberta
Why: At SafeGen we want to empower youth to not only learn detailed workplace safety procedures, but also to speak up and take control of their own safety
This is an amazing opportunity to showcase your knowledge and creativity!
Theme: TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR OWN SAFETY
Videos must adhere to the general theme and fall under one of the following categories:
1. Identifying and reporting hazards
2. Helping yourself and/or co-workers
3. What to do when you don’t have safety training at work
4. Farm safety
5. Eliminating workplace distractions (a.k.a. being ready to work)
Be creative! You can depict the correct or incorrect way of doing things, but you must be safe when filming.
How to Enter
- Download and print our 2019 Video Contest Package.
- Read through all of the rules and requirements.
- Get filming!
- Fill out all of the required forms included in the package.
- Send in your entry on a USB with all of the forms included.
Sharable Contest Graphics
We want as many entries as possible, so please feel free to copy and paste this, download it, or take a screenshot,
and share it with your friends or students on social media!