2020 Youth Workplace Safety Video Contest
Who: Youth aged 15-24
What: A video contest centered around youth taking responsibility for their own and others’ safety at work
When: Get it in the mail by March 12, 2021
Where: Open to residents of Alberta
Why: At SafeGen we want to empower youth to not only learn detailed workplace safety procedures, but also to speak up and take control of their own safety
This is an amazing opportunity to showcase your knowledge and creativity!
Theme: BE A SAFETY LEADER!
Videos must adhere to the general theme and fall under one of the following categories:
- Identifying and reporting hazards
- Helping yourself and/or co-workers
- Educating others about workplace safety at work or on the farm
- General farm safety
- Supporting your job/school/community safely
Be creative! You can depict the correct or incorrect way of doing things, but you must be safe when filming.
How to Enter
- Create your video and upload it to your YouTube account or IGTV (Instagram) feed.
- Download our Contest Package (below), print forms, and fill them out completely.
- Scan forms into one PDF file or image files (5 MAX).
- Fill out the CONTEST ENTRY ONLINE FORM (below), attach your files, and press send!